Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parts assembled using FIX constraint

jnanisajjan

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is any method/model check
technique to find components in an assembly which are
assembled with "FIX" type of constraint?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks and regards,
KS Jnanesha

Fix is helpful when an assembly component has lost its reference due to redefining the feature that it was constrained to. Use it to temporarily hold the component until it is redefined. You could supress the part, but then any children will be supressed as well.

In answer to the original question, I don't know.

dross said:
Use it to temporarily hold the component until it is redefined.

I suppose that Fix is useful there because it allows the children to regenerate, but I prefer to use 'freeze'. Freeze will resolve itself once the references are available. Freeze also shows up in the model tree as a special icon on the component, so I can easily see that something is frozen. Since 'fix' is simply another constraint, I doubt it does.

hi,

follow the below mentioned steps.

info-->components-->

and then pick the components from the model tree, it will show all the constraints used for it. if it is fixed u can see here..

- Murali Krishnan

Open Search Tool (Ctrl+F), Look for = Components / Status / Attributes = is equal to = Fixed Placement ; Find.
Do not forget to check "include submodels".

Another place to do the same even faster : above Model Tree "quick search" drop button, select "Fixed Placement" query - done.

Hope this helps ..

------
:)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back