Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to do a "space" sign?

tobbo

WhenI place a note on a drawing , i would like to know howto do a "space sign" (dont know the english word, sorry) like the one shown in red in pic below: (so that the manufacturer knows that there is a space between the 2 words) .

View attachment 5347

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

My first idea was this: provided you are using a truetype font (and not Pro|E standard font) you can use a unicode coded symbol for the spacer, but that kind of braket is not present. Instead yuo could use something like this one ↔ (double arrow) as a spacer.
But you can also use a different character, like "#" for example, and add a note explaining that "# = space of 1 character".

Paolo

Thanks Paolo! Good inputs, but the problem is thatwe want to use this kind of spacer and not use any other sign.

Regarding the fonts, i made the "pic" in word and paint
smiley2.gif
, its just for show..

I

If it's not in the unicode table (maybe I missed it...) I don't think it will be in the ASCII table. What you'll find are probably "corners" but you'll have to put two of them to build the correct symbol and at that point it will take up two spaces :/

Paolo

srieger said:
You could just use an underscore.

No.

If i do an underscore, the manufacturer (who will make the laser marking) will also make an "_" , and thats not what i want.

Lets say i want a text that says : "12_34 A" , andso on...

The thing is, i want the kind of "spacer sign" shown in my first post, and wants to know if its possible to do in an easy way!!

Thanks anyway!

@"telcomguy" , thanks , i will try that!!

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

You also might be able to find font file that has the symbol you're looking for and add it to the ProE font directory or use the config.pro option pro_font_dir to point to a font directory.

kdem said:
You also might be able to find font file that has the symbol you're looking for and add it to the ProE font directory or use the config.pro option pro_font_dir to point to a font directory.

Ok! Any tip where i can find the font? Or can anyone tell me the "correct word/name" for this symbol so i can google it?
smiley4.gif

//Tobias

When looking through the character map I found a few that had it, Consolas, Courier New, and don't laugh too hard, Wingdings 3. The character is called Combining Inverted Bridge Below in Consolas and Courier New. There is also one that looks similar but slightly different called Modifier Letter Shelf. Here is a pic with the two in Courier New and Consolas respectively with the first character in each group is the Modifier Letter Shelf. In Windows 7 the directory is C:\Windows\Fonts.

View attachment 5354

tobbo said:
kdem said:

Ok! Any tip where i can find the font? Or can anyone tell me the "correct word/name" for this symbol so i can google it?
smiley4.gif

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back