Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Electric Spark Animation

camilia

Hej

I am making an animation of an electric generator .... at a certain time during animation I want to add a spark just to show electricity flowing ... can some body suggest how to do that?

regards

Hello,

Were you able to figure out how to create a spark for your animation? (I see you posted this awhile ago)

I use a program called Blender (www.blender.org) that is Open Source and works great with ProE objects.

Blender has a particles system built in that is great for creating sparks, fire, smoke, etc.

Hej
No I didn't...infact left it since it was an option to enhance my animation quality...
but learning blender for animation is time taking, do you have some tutorials or can you send me some blender animation for electricity spark? I have PE models if u say I can send you that too
thanx
Best regards

Hello Camilia,

If you go to Youtube or Google and type in Blender Spark Animation there are some good tutorials for Sparks in Blender 2.5.

If you would like, send me Object (.obj) files of your ProE assembly and I can create the spark animation for you. (Blender does not work with direct ProE models) In ProE do "Save a Copy" and save as Wavefront(*.obj).

Sendfiles to[email protected] along with a short explanation of what you would like the animation to look like.

Regards,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back