Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly Failed

gpho

Hi Guys!
I'm fairly new to ProE and would like to seek seem help from more advanced users. I hope this is the right place to ask and I'm not breaking any rules or anything.
I'm working on a chamber_assembly for a steam engine. Here is the image
View attachment 5302
The rod sticking out is part of the chamberdisk and it must rotate about that hole. I define my placement by making the chamberdisk tangent to the chamber and by aligning the planes of the chamberwall and chamberdisk.
View attachment 5303
However, when I go to drag component, I get the error that the assembly failed to connect. Interestingly enough, when I'm in the placement setting, I'm able to move the disk component but not when I use drag component.
Is there any suggestion on what I'm doing wrong? I have been playing with this assembly for weeks and still can't fix the issue
smiley11.gif
I'm currently using WF5 Education Edition.
Here's a video on how the chamberdisk should rotate
http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/resources.php?id=1731

Thanky you!
Edited by: gpho

Make sure that chamberdisk only references the chamberwall
and not references from other parts or from the assembly.
Mixing references can prevent drag operation from working.

Based on what you have shown in the movie and assuming you have the other parts modeled I think I'd use a ball mechanism connection.

Thank you both
smiley1.gif

Both ideas end up working but I decided to go with the ball connection. Thank you very much!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back