Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3D pdf issues

MugenPower

I am using WF5 M060 and I have an assembly that I want to create a 3D pdf of but so far, no good
smiley19.gif
After attenpting to create it, I get the system message "PDF file has been aborted". It's not that large of a model but it includes a bit of cabling and a couple of exploded views. Are either of these a problem for pdf generation? I have successfully created 3D pdf 's but something strange is afoot with this one.

I answered my own question and got it to work. It wasn't the cabling or exploded views that caused the failure but it was some swept surface features that I had in the model. I converted those to solid geometry and the pdf created brilliantly
smiley4.gif

Display Style Helped

I am using WF5 M060 and I have an assembly that I want to create a 3D pdf of but so far, no good
smiley19.gif
After attenpting to create it, I get the system message "PDF file has been aborted". It's not that large of a model but it includes a bit of cabling and a couple of exploded views. Are either of these a problem for pdf generation? I have successfully created 3D pdf 's but something strange is afoot with this one.

I too had the same issue. In the message area(Status bar) I got a messge saying that try to reduce the size. I changed the display style from "shading with reflections" to "shading" or "shading with edges". In both this style I am able to create 3d pdf.

I too had the same issue. In the message area (Status bar) it shows reduce the size may fix this problem. So i changed the Display style from "shading with reflections" to "Shading with edges" or "Shading".Now in this both style I am able to create 3d pdf.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back