Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Notes in Assembly tree

lunhen

Does anyone know haw I will be able to write comments and notes in the assembly connected to a certain component? It could for example be a "heated before assemble" a position number or just a comment.

Thankskenppy

It is a good idea, but I would like to put the text in the assembly tree. If I succeed with this I will have that many Items that it will be a mess if I have it in the 3D-model.

If you want a text in your modelltree, then insert an annotationfeature (but make it an empty one...) and just "rename" the feature with the text you want. Not a beautiful solution...but it would work ;-)

//Tobias

you can add it as a note in the model tree but you cannot 'read' it unless you click and get properties.

Thankyou Tobias

It good also be asolution but still not what I am looking for. I am going to use the text of which part will be used in different versions of the machine i design. The different versions are then represented with "simplified representation" Not a perfect solution but it is OK in this case. But then I like to see what parts is used in what version and if you can see that in the model tree it will be much more perspicuous and cleaner.

Couldn't you simply add a "notes" parameter for your part, and display the parameter colum in the model tree?You'll be able to see the note in the model tree when you open the assy

Hi zpaolo

I'm sad to say it will not work though I like to have different notes on the same part when I use it twice or more. The information have to be in the assembly.

Aha OK then I understand. Yes you can do it like that but still not really what I am looking for. It is though something I can use if I you are not able to do what I like to do.

I was more thinking of a column in the model tree were I can do my notes. But if you do a new parameter it will be connected to the component inside the assembly and I can not do that. The components will be change and there will always be the same comment in the component. The same componet shall have differents comments when it is used several times.

can you keep all your components together in the model tree for the different simplified reps, then group the components fpr the different simplified reps, then rename the group!

Sorry no I can't. Some parts is used in several simplified reps and some not. Some other parts are also used in some other or/and the same simplified reps. It is a kind of a mish match and had grow and has been to big. But I still do not want do copy and have two or more different assembly.

In WF5 you can show the first line of a note in the model tree. Not sure about earlier versions. In the Model Tree Columns dialog select Note as the type.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back