Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Edit Definition for Helical Sweep Creo1.0

Atropos89

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with Helical Sweep in Creo 1.0. I sketched the sweep profile on the side face of an extrusion, making the sketch a child of the face (and the line that defined the face). After making the sweep, I went back and deleted the original line (see below error)and then resketched it, causing the sweep to fail. Okay so far.

View attachment 5218

When I accept the regeneration, the next logical step would be to edit the definition of the sweep in order to change the profile sketch reference. Each time I click "Edit Definition" Creo informs me the feature failed to regenerate, but never actually lets me edit the definition.

View attachment 5219

Anyone have any advice on this? See attached. 2011-07-01_160137_prt0001.prt.zip

The line I delete to cause this is the one that forms the face of the extrude that the sweep profile is sketched on. I added an axis below that is colinear with the edge I'm talking about.

View attachment 5220

are you deleting the line in the sketcher for the extrude
and replacing it with another line? if so, you can use
"Replace" instead of deleting the line. On the sketcher
ribbon, under "Operations" you will find "Replace". Draw
the new entity first, then pick the line to be replaced and
select "Replace".

if this is not the case, you may need to upload the failed
model to explain what exactly you are trying to do.

Thanks for the help wtb999. Yes, that is the line I'm talking about. Replace would work to preventthe issue, but I am more focusing on why I can't edit the definition of the helical sweepafterwards. I'm trying to determine if this is because I'm doing something wrong, or if it is a bug in Creo. In short, is there any way to edit the helical sweep after it has failed?

Failed part attached.
2011-07-05_144937_prt0001.prt.zip

maybe a bug... I am not sure.... I wasnt able to edit def
as well. I was, however, able to edit references and then
select the new extrude surface as the new sketching plane
and that resolved the issue.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back