Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E Wildfire 5 Basics

camilia

Anyone please suggest some good book for Pro E wildifre 5 basics.....I have found some tutorials for wildfire 3 and 4 but they sometime doesnt work with 5 ..... I need to learn 5 ....Regards

Thanx but I was looking to buy some book and start it from scratch ...can you suggest some good book ?
and by the way what is difference between creo and Pro E wildfire 5 ?
Regards

Creo 1.0 is the latest product offering from PTC. It has
other stuff than the parametric modeling (Wildfire). For
most part, Creo 1.0 Parametric is Wildfire 5.0 with a
revamped interface.

They also had an intermediate release (Creo Elements/Pro)
a couple of months ago, which was exactly the same as
Wildfire 5.0. Confused yet?

This is just my opinion, but if you are looking for a
book on Wildfire, you could pick up any book on 3.0 and
above and learn it from that. You will then find a lot of
videos online about what is different in the later
versions. The differences are minor, up until 5.0.

I suggest taking a class. do a search online for 'proe training' or check with your community college. Even a community college is better than learning from a book.

get the cadquest basic design manual for like $80, you
maybe able to find one used on ebay for cheaper.

There are several books for WF5 through cadquest.

It would at least get you started.

Hey Bart,

I needed some guidance on how or where I would be able to
learn advanced Surfacing. I have completed the PTC online
course on Surfacing, so I understand the basic
functionality of how to work with surfaces. But, I do
understand that there is a definite technique to creating
good surface models, which I dont get at this point and its
really frustrating trying to work with surfaces.

Any input will be very much appreciated. I would love to be
an "expert" in surfacing.

To get on the road to becoming an "expert", I would highly recommend a few PTC classroom courses. In the classroom setting you can actually get feedback on questions. What you need first is a good foundation of the basics. Then the online courses will provide more.

go to www.cadquest.com or search for Roger Toogood books. all these books are nice but bit expensive.

PS:

Dear authors please note this...:)

have good luck. the websites mentioned in this post won't teach you in a systematic way. yes they are excellent on you have basic knowledge of Pro/E....Sorry Creo....:)

camilia said:
Hej Srieger
What recommendations for those basics before PTC classroom?

For me and my employees this is what I do:

I have always been very proficient at learning applications on my own. However, an application like Pro/engineer does so much and technique plays a very critical role in productivity as well as downstream functionality and the lifecycle of changes.

No book on the market today comes close to covering everything Pro/engineer does and they all barely touch on technique.

In a classroom setting you can discover some of the functionality and by asking questions you can determine the best way for you to use the functionality for your applications. Granted there will still be a learning curve once you get back to the office but you have a much better grasp at what can and can't be done as well as some potential ideas as to technique.

It's very critical that you go in planning on asking question and determined to get your money's worth out of the classes. If you just sit there and take what they put out you will only go home with very simplified information.

I would recommend that everyone start with the basic Foundation course, and go from there. PTC has several recommended training paths for a number of core design types. Start with one that best fits you or your people.

I highly recommend not skipping a course because I guarantee that there will be information in every class that you don't know and not knowing prevents you from being able to become that expert or you end up avoiding certain type of functionality in the software.

I firmly believe in learning everything a tool can dofor me. Only then can I best determine how to best utilize the tool for my current designs. But, as time goes on we all want ourselves and the company to grow. So, just because you don't use functionality now, doesn't mean you won't use it later. You may be a bit rusty but this is realy where the PTC-U online courses really come in handy.

Use the Online courses as refreshers or to learn new functionality in new versions. Don't rely on it solely to teach you everything there is to know about the software or techniques.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back