Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating Rough Surfaces

lata91

Hey everyone, I am new on the forum. I am working on a lab, and they are asking me to model a rough surface. I have tried using Boundary blends, but the surface is a little too rough and not what i was expecting. I have also tried using surface free form, but i am not able to make it rough (it is always a really smooth surface that gets created). I dont know if there is any other tool that will help me with this. Any help will be appreciated.

texture sounds like the right thing to use. I was wondering, (i have never used textures) so do i model a regular shape (lets say a box), then during rendering I add the texture to the model so that the final rendered picture will show a rough box? Thanks for your replies.

Use View/Color and appearance

In the appearance editor click the map tab. Here you can add textures. Pro/E only has a dozen or so by default.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back