Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New ProE user needs help

zmarcoz

I need to modify two things in the following orthosis. One is the connection point, it should be horizontal. The other one is to make the orthosis bendable along the knee joint? PLease help

** File is 5Mb, so please download from

http://www.filesavr.com/6ZGW5WIL915GW7N

** open new1.asm in the rar file

Thanks

905f95c33476.jpg

<a href="uploads/zmarcoz/2011-06-06_110820_Orthosis.part1.rar" target="_blank">
</a>uploads/zmarcoz/2011-06-06_111032_Orthosis.part3.rar

I suspect you won't find many users with school edition proe on this forum, could be wrong!

Does ProE professional version open school edition file??
If not, is it possible for me to convert it to professional edition format?

You can't do either.

You could export it as an iges assembly [or step, I don't know the capabilities of the SE] to see what is involved, otherwise difficult to know where to start.

The file appears to be corrupt.
Anyway, this is a jpg, not sure it will add any more info than your first post.

Can you not export an iges?

I just uploaded the IGES file without all the other pro/e part and assembly files. An IGES file is self-contained (it's like a jpeg image - all the information which makes up the model / picture is in the file itself).

I couldn't open the assembly / part files but that might just be version incompatibility. It would be ideal to be able to open the assembly, as the model will have with it all the features used to create it. With an IGES, its just a 3d model which cannot be viewed as individual features.

You'll have to wait for someone else to help with your actual question though. I've got work of my own to do right now...
smiley1.gif

Looks like you have other issues than the changes you seek in the first post. The hoops are not supported by the verticals on both sides. Why is this?

Kenppy,

I don't know the answer because I take the original file from another guy. The original version has this problem. I don't know much about ProE, so I do not know how to fix that issue

zmarcoz said:
I don't know much about ProE, so I do not know how to fix that issue
Can't you use a package you're more familiar with / put the project on hold & spend some time learning pro/e? What you're asking seems to involve quite a bit of work and it seems like eventually someone here is going to have to do the work for you which is quite a tall order...

Edited by: neuronex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back