Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 3.0 on Windows 7 64, License HELP

jamiddel

Hello,

Well I've searched for two days trying to get Pro E Wildfire 3.0 (32 bit) installed on a Windows 7, 64 bit system. After trying many things, Pro-E opens but I can't get the licensing to work, hopefully someone can help. Here are the things I have done/tried etc.

1. Requested new license pack for this new PC, I am a stand alone user, with a dedicated license. Recieved the license.

2. Installed License manger, pointed to the new license file.When clicking on server status, I keep getting "lmgrd is not running" see LM_License_file.

View attachment 5113

I have tried changing the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable in the control panel to point to the new license file location. I have tried many other things as well with no success.

When I requested the new license I did select Windows XP as the operating system, since Windows 7 was not an option.

From all I can tell, It appears that Pro-E is ready to run once I get the "server" running correctly.

Any Help or tips would be greatly apprecited. Thanks in Advance!!

It looks like you have a floating license? Even though it is intended for a standalone machine it looks like it is a license that is intended for FlexLM which is fine provided you have it installed and running. Maybe you would be better off with a node locked license for a standalone machine though. Possibly contact your reseller.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back