Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Failed to take license

Tarquin

Hello

Has anyone else had the "failed to take or refresh license" message when logging in to Intralink 3.3?

It was fine yesterday and is now not working today 4th May 2011. I set the date on my PC back to the 2nd of May 2011 and logged in fine.

This issue sounds suspiciously like the date problem that happened around 2005.

Does anyone know of any patches for this issue. We havent been paying maintenance as we are quite happy with the features we are getting now.

Cheers
Tarquin

It heppened here in Schneider yesterday too, affecting the remaining 36 servers we still have for IntraLink. It is the same issue as in 2005. PTC just provided us this morning a .dll file to replace in the client machines. In the meantime, changing the date to last week or so, log in and change the date backshould fix the issue for the most part. Just beware, some features may not work. Our publication process was also affected by the bug.

Thanks Aaron

For anyone else having this problem you can visit PTC.com and go to the support area and find the patch info. Unfortunately you do need an account.

It turns out that since we are maintaining Mathcad my account with PTC is still active
smiley1.gif

Cheers
Tarquin

Tarquin said:
Thanks Aaron

For anyone else having this problem you can visit PTC.com and go to the support area and find the patch info. Unfortunately you do need an account.

It turns out that since we are maintaining Mathcad my account with PTC is still active
smiley1.gif

Cheers
Tarquin

Dear Tarquin,, unfortunately we're in the same condition and we don't have any active support yet. do you think possible to find this patch somewhere ?

we're blocked..

thank you for your help

Best Regards

Massimo

Having the same issue here. Has anyone found the patch someplace that doesn't require PTC support, or is PTC holding everyone over a barrel for maintenance fees?

If anyone knows of someplace to get the patch, PLEASE post a link or the patch itself.

Thanks,

Jack

I am also having the "Failed to take or Refresh License" error since early May. I have been searching the web for a patch, and changing my computer date to get by. I have had no luck finding the patch for this on-line. We do not have maintanence. Has anyone found a patch? Can anyone help me out?

Regards,

Dave

PTC has the patch file. I don't know why they are requiring a maintenance account to get the file. It seems like a SW clitch on their part and thus should be fixed for everyone. You own the license to use the software and they have a bug that prevents you from doing so.

Tarquin, you are putting yourself and your company at risk by redistributing the patch file. I agree that there is no reason for PTC to require an active maintenamce account, but they are.

Hello Looslib

What makes you think I am redistributing the patch? PJW suggested he would supply the patch if one Private Mailed him.

I would suggest that anyone still having trouble contacts their PTC reseller to ask for the patch. Since the license is permanent (it even says so in the license file) I am sure that under the fair trading act, or whatever each country has, PTC couldn't not supply it. PTC has built in an expiry date on a non expiring product, especially when one considers that they did exactly the same thing in 2005.

Cheers
Tarquin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back