Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

balancing

streamm

hi,
is it possible in Pro/MECHANICA to simulate the balancing of shaft in rotation? Here the case of non rigid body.
thanks

What do you want to simulate? I would use behavioral modelling to run an optimisation that places the centre of mass on the axis of rotation. Are you trying to look at the stresses in a rotation shaft or merely trying to balance it?

Sorry for delay to answer,
here is the situation...what I need is the feasability or not to simulate the beahaviour of shaft in rotation. the shaft is very longer (4000 mm) in such way to not neglect/ignore the force of its weight.

with mechanism, It is possible to make the shaft in rotation movement, but I cannot get the force effects du to the fact that this body cannot be considered as rigid (the body deforms because of the weight).

in mechanica, I can consider the weight force effects but not the ones du to rotation.
that'is all.

streamm,

It sounds like you need "rotor dynamics" capabilities. Mechanica does not possess this type of analysis. ANSYS can handle this type of problem.

You can do basic Rotor Dynamics in Mechanica - you have to
apply rigid body velocity and accelerations to the shaft
that match the application.

From this you can establish the lateral natural frequencies
and by varying speed/accln get the shaft freq response with
speed.

Not sure what you can achieve with large displacement
behavior - maybe you have to model the deflected form.
Edited by: moriarty

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back