Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

undo checkout

bcooper

I have an issue with a model that won't check-in or undo checkout. The work was done in wildfire3.0 and Intralink8.0. The file has a family table and is used in production, so I can't just delete it. No mater what I do I can not get the part to check in or undo the check-out. Has anyone run into this before or have any idea's on how to solve it.

Another interseting thing, when I was trying to work on it as an admin, intralink created a new workspace and checked it out there as well, never saw that before.

It is also the only file in that workspace.

Have you thought about "devolving" each of the family instances into separate files, and then deleting the family table?

HTH

~John

Be sure it is inonly one workspace. Then download from the server again, overwriting what is in the workspace. This should then be able to be checked in.

thanks for the feed back. I finally got rid of the problem files. I saved an copy of each instance so I wouldn't lose the data, then I got rid of the family table. When I deleted the family table the two instances stayed in the data base and was still checked out to both workspaces. I went to each workspace, checked them in and now I have all three models but they are no longer connected with a family table.

I still don't know how this happened, we hired an inten a couple of years ago to model old part file and he left some interesting challenges when he left. Hope this is the last surprise I find.

Again thanks for the help.

You can always put it back into the family table as well.

There were some issues with family table conversions to Windchill. We use them extensively and had a lot of issues from the data converted from Intralink. PTC had to write some scripts to repair the database as the problems came up. All is well now. At least until we go to Windchill 10. Then who knows.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back