Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2001 on Win 7 and incompetent IT dept.

rabbit_killer

hi guys /gals,

im not new here, but it's been a few years since my last visit, had to create a new account !!

As the title says, ive been asked to run proe/2001 on a Win 7 pc... Stupid i know but *sigh* We have just got 3 new PC's ( ordered by our incompetent IT dept !! ) all with win 7, and because our HQ in Japan says we must still be using Proe 2001 I have to get it running on there =S

Has anyone had to do this ? Can it be done ? Iv gave it a go once, but had to cancel as i realised that the graphics cards werent even up to scartch ( intel Q45 chipset ???? wth ) which is why our IT dept is incompetent GRRRR

But once that is fixed and new cards installed im still gonna have to get 2001 running on em !! Sorry if this sounds like a rant, im in desperate need of advice on how to get this to work LOL

I do not know win7 at all.. ive managed to install 2001 on XP and vista successfully, will it be similar to vista ?

Thanks in advance

If it ran on Vista, I bet it will on Win7. Win7 has some kind of XP mode for older programs, so that may help you. That may only be available in the higher levels of Win7, though, and T may not have ordered it or installed it.

Funny, someone else here just asked how to get 2000i running on Win7.
smiley5.gif

LOL... Glad we aren't the worst then !! Ill give it a try after they have given me decent graphics cards
smiley5.gif

i wouldn't mind but our licenses cover upto WF3, just not sure why they won't let us use that instead
smiley7.gif

rabbit killer,

I need to piggy back off you posting. I need to install WF 3.0 on a windows 7 64 bit computer. Anyone familiar with how to pull this off?

James

I'm running 32 bit WF3 & WF4 on Win7 64. Just installed normally, no real problems.

Aye it needs to be the 64 bit version, doesn't it ? which is another worry i have !! the Win 7 is 64 bit ... Maybe another glitch in thier master plan LOL

No, we run the 32 bit on 64 versions of both WF3 & WF4 on 64 bit Windows7 machines.

Doug,

It installed no problem?

Is your license server a windows 7 64 bit machine?
Edited by: jelston

That may be the difference. My license server is the machine i am using which is 64 bit. The problem is the license server won't start.

Regarding the WF3XP64M270 on windows 7 64 bit DEll T3500 I experienced the following this week:

Initially I installed everything from the wf3 setup configuration menu.
This resulted in an old JAVA/JRE being installed.
Except for the aged JAVA everything OK

During a new install I unselected JRE/JAVA
This resulted in an error/abort near the end of the install!

I noticed that if you opt in for JAVA during the WF3 package selection
and subsequently decline the JAVA user agreement when it comes to
the actual JAVA/JRE installation the WF3 installation will finish without problems.

lam00028 said:
subsequently decline the JAVA user agreement when it comes to the actual JAVA/JRE installation the WF3 installation will finish without problems.

I didn't see a user agreement. Is it on the same selection screen.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back