Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

family table verify problem

ssa1

Hi, i have a simple family table but when i press verify it gives out and error. how to solve this?where dim a = length, b= qty of slot(integer >p259-1),c=pitch,d=pattern. any input is greatly appreaciated

View attachment 5000

it stated : Feature regeneration failed!

just that and nothing else. if i just place dim A only, there's no problem. it have to do with the other columns. i wonder what?
smiley19.gif

Check the accuracy, I find quite often with family tables if the accuracy isn't set correctly then when altering a dimension like you 'A' value it will not verify.

Not sure what else it could be without looking at the model.

Open the failed family table part and try to regenerate it manually - so you should be able to detect, where the regeneration fails.

Regards, DonChunior

ahh, the problem is when the overall dimension change(dim A) , the second part fail because it still ref to the old dim. how do i correct this? i've try re refrence to either edge or surface but both causes failure(one time it pass at another it fail
smiley7.gif
.trychange the accuracy also but still does not work. hmmmm...

don, i don't have any relations in my part just the family table. funny thing is when i change the instance name dash to -001 and -002 resp. the failure gone. but that's weird. what does the name change have to do with the family table?!

What is the regeneration option of the first pattern? Maybe "Identical" or "Variable"? Then try to change it to "General".

Regards, DonChunior

thanks anyway, after this i still need to solve problem in checking the part to common workspace. never ending problem... okay, i'm knocking off work now. have a nice day

rgds

Siti

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back