Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DRW -> DWG. Shows jpg files in autocad

Snewk

Hey!

My english isn't the best butI do my best. I can start with telling you that im using Pro/E W5 student edition.

I havetryed to makeanhome drawing and i used the following technique,

SinceI only needit in 2Dand it was the fastest way,I made eachview of the housein a "Part". ButI only drewit in 2D andI never madeit3D. Then i saved it. WhenI've made all the views of the house in seperated parts, I started to import them to "Drawing". It left me with 6 parts on that sheet. I had only one view(general) for each of the parts i added. That wayI got an easyhouse drawing.

Now comes the problem. I want to save that drawing to a .DWG file so i can send it to the guy who's gonna build the house. But when I use the "Save a copy" and then saves itto a .DWG file, it's onlyaround 18kb big and when i open it, it only shows the dimensions that i added. It doesnt show any of the lines that appeared on the drawing when i saved it.

Do anyone got a clue why it is like that and how i can solve it without redrawing the whole house in 3D? Maybe i missed something important?:S

Thanks
Edited by: Snewk

when you save to dwg change the DWG Version to 2000. It is automatically set to 2007 and that may be what is troubling you.

It still doesnt work. I saved it to a DWG and version 2000, it still showed blank when I opened the file.

Igot the student version of autocad 2012.I had wrong, it shows like jpg files on autocad. That means i cant change the drawing except making the scale bigger or smaller. Roblom, if that is the problem, do you know how to fix it?
Edited by: Snewk

Snewk,

If I'm not mistaken the student versions of ProE have limitations, they won't print and they don't have the ability to export to other formats.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Snewk,

Have you tried to export as dxf file? If your autocad has the option, you can also iges out the file and import into autocad.

Yes I've tried. If i do it that way, the onlylines that will followare the ones from the planes.

I don't think it has anything to do with the student version because I have tried to do the same on a commercial version and it shows the same. Maybe I have to write the whole house in 3D? It just seems weird.

Make sure that your views are the type 'wireframe' or'hidden' or 'no hidden'.

It is under view Display, display style.

The styles 'follow environment' and 'Shading' makes JPG files instead of Lines in you dwg export.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back