Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Request for animation help

sandheep

Could someone help me on getting started with animating the below mechanism. I need to know about setting the joint axis, gear pairs etc. I would be greatful if anyone could give me a spark....
smiley5.gif
View attachment 4978

There is a Mechanism Tutorial built in the Proe installation directories (one of those cascading folders). I would start there.
What you are attempting is not an Animation but a Mechanism. There is a difference.
For the above problem, please search the forum for "epicyclic gear train"

You could do an animation for your mechanism if you want. Although you got to assemble the gears using mechanismconstrains.

//Tobias

@Tobias: Thanks for you kind suggestion. Could you provide me a link explaining about how to assemble using mechanismconstrains. The problem with me is, I seriously don't know where to land my first step
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif

When you do your assembly in the first case. Instead of using "mate/align/insert/tangent " and so on. Use "pin/slider/cylinder" or whatever suits your placement.
<LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Subbulleted>
pin_icon.gif
Pin

Hej
I need some tutorial help to mechanize a Handle and Piston Connection using pin and cylinder constraints on 2 ends of Connection. But I am unable to do it in wildfire 5
check this one

http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ve d=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.umaine.edu%2Fmecheng%2F peterson%2Fclasses%2Fdesign%2F2003_4%2FOE%2520Propulsion%2Ff iles%2FProEMechanism.pdf&rct=j&q=mechanism%20tutoria l&ei=MgzaTdPxN4TEsgbCwZT4Ag&usg=AFQjCNE8d_R6a5eNjX38 65xLf9UzI7ricg&sig2=eY-1SH3GeNv7kqw4vvlUKA&cad=rja

I need help in step 31, since its different in wildfire 5
Regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back