Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ICAM v18 Campost for Pro/NC

jwmazurek

Hello- 1st time poster.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I am in the process of having a ICAM v18 CAMPOST post-processor developed for a Mazak E-650HS Multitasking machine. As anyone who has worked with mill/turn machines in Pro/NC you know the rotary axes are not displayed when playing the toolpath for NC sequences.

To be able to display the kinematics of a mill/turn machine, one solution under consideration is marrying the post-processor with ICAM's Virtual Machine simulation software package.

We are using our Mazak's for large crankshaft machining operations with a heavy emphasis on eccentric milling. Due to the nature of our processing needs, I would prefer to have a complete kinematic display of part and machine.

My question is to anyone who has spent time developing an ICAMpost-processor for mill/turn machines. First, what recommendations can youmake as to eccentric millingand second, if you have taken the next step by integrating your post along with machine simulation what difficulties did you have or challenges to overcome.

Any insight you may have would be helpful. Thanks for your help!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back