Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Metric/Inch Solid Tools

TSchall

I am working in inch. I want to use solid tool models and assemblies we have created in my sequences. Some of the tools we have (mainly from Pro Library) are metric dimensions. When I open just the assembly all of the components are scaled properly whether they are inch or metric. But then in the tool set up, when I open the tool library and use a tool by copy if it happens to have metric dimensions a 12mm drill displays as 12 inches. Then if I go back and open the assembly the scale of the tools are off if they are metric. I'm sure I must have a config option wrong but I can't find which it is. Has anyone else seen this problem? I am using Wildfire 5.0 M060.

When modelling ProE only works with values. These values are assigned a system of units. If your scaling is wrong, then the wrong unit is assigned to the model.

You can assign different units under 'edit', 'setup', 'units'. You can choose to simply assign a different unit, e.g. 1 Inches becomes 1 mm, or scale the part, e.g. 1 Inches becomes 25,4 mm.

That way you should be able to match the parts and assemblies with correct scaling. I don't think it's possble to use imperial and metric parts at the same time while maintaining corret scaling. ProE would then have to use 2 different systems of values to do its numeric calculations, which doesn't make sense...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back