Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Constrain a part to always be level

Daboa

For my first project I'm working on a cherry picker. Everything works great, except that I want the platform at the end to remain horizontally level at all times. It is connected to the end of the beam with a pin connection. Is there a way to constrain the platform to always be level or to relate the angle at that pin connection to the angle of the pin connection between the beam and the base?

Here's a pic of the model: http://i.imgur.com/zJ0QG.jpg

First check the constraints for the platform.
Ensure the the Bottom plane of the platform is "mate or
Aligned", "Oriented" to the ground level.
This would ensure that the platform is always horizontal.

If you have the mechanism properly constrained wont it be a 4 bar mechanism and keep the platform level automatically?

I would probably be a little worried picking the cherries if the basket was happy anyway up. Its a fair question though as cherry pickers often do not rely on a four-bar mechanism. If you did not to permanently orient the basket you could create a snapshot when you drag the mechanism with an orient constraint.

Sam

Edited by: SW

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back