Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Component Interfaces are gone

straupma

Using wf4 m120. We are in need of creating a new instance of a bolt family table. This family table has been around for years but now have a need to create a new bolt type. Unfortunately after creating the new instance, the component interfaces are all gone, meaning their default assignment is not default anymore. I believe we created the interfaces back in wf2 but I am thinking that the build in wf4 is effed up because I can't believe it could be this friggin difficult to assign a default interface to a particular instance group. Once I assign one bolt to a default, then move on to another bolt and assign it a different one, the previous bolt loses it's assignment. But the most frustrating part us the fact that they are all broke now. I even tried deleting the original interfaces and create new ones, which worked fine, until i opened an existing assembly and now all the bolts fail. Obviously I can't live with that. Is there something I'm missing or are the interfaces now broke?
smiley7.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back