Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how can v machine this????

fisa

hello

assalm-o-alaikum i want to machine deep cavity(material aluminum) check attatch jpeg for understanding.what is the best machining approach for it.i have only 3 axis machining centers.need ur opinion and expert advise.

thanks

asif cad
smiley11.gif

2011-02-10_104442_deep-machining.rar
Edited by: fisa

I am unsure you want to even try to machine this. If I had a gun to my head and had to machine/make this part in a machine shop I would rough out the inner, make a rectangular broach, use a press and broach out the part and then finish machine the outside to size. If you were this desparate to machine it like this you would have to use some low expansion fixture compound or wax to keep the part stable. Fill the inside of the part prior to machining the part outside to size in other words.Or maybe machine the part in two halves, tig weld the part together and finish machine the outside to make it look like one part. All in all this is not a machined part. How about casting? I like the chalange of doing something people say can't be done. Have fun woth this. If you had a jig to tip the part about x and Yand lots of machine time you may be able to reach in and machine the inside but the corner radii is impossible and the finish will look like hell.

Best of luck,

Chris

you could either get an extrusion and cap the end; or square up the outside and find a big enough wire edm to core out the center and cap the end

hi,

Is it single part or is it for mass production?

if it is single part, it is better to go for wire edm for inner profile.

if it is mass production then you have to think of other manufacturing processes like casting,forging,extrusion...........

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back