Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Delta Robot motor torque

pmrower

I've modeled a delta robot and can perform basic kinematic movements using Mechanism. But what I really need to do is displace the moving platform (in X,Y,Z) in a unit amount of time and analyze the torque required by each of the three drive motors. In effect a forward dynamic analysis rather than a reverse analysis. I can

pmrower,

Before anything do you have the necessary lincense to run your kinematic & dynamic analyses?

1) Mechanism Design (Kinematics)

2) Mechanism Dynamics

If you don't have the above two licenses then you will not be able to run the robotic analysis. Also have you had any training runing the kinematics and dynamics modules in proE or maybe experience with other similar software (ADAMS, working model etc.).

Luis

Thanks for the input Luis. The model is constructed with Mechanism constraints. The moving platform is located relative to the model CS. The three upper arms are connected via pin joints. The 6 lower arms are connected via 6DOF joints. I also have the Dynamics extension license. But I just don't know how to make the model "move" via the three motors. I suppose I could isolate one arm and try moving that. I found a few tutorials on the web but they are too simple. Have you worked with the Delta robot yourself? What I need is specific guidance for modeling this type of mechanism. Its quite unusual...at least to me.

Hi pmrower,

In the anlaysis window you must make sure your motor drives are active. Asigning motor to the model does not automatically applies them in your analysis. You must assing them to you run when you are settting the "Analysis Definition" and click on the Tab name "Motors". In the Motors tab you can assing what motor you want to use during the run and for how long (the motor can be turn on and off during the analysis).

Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back