Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I need some advices on Pro/Mechanica

Indians

Hello everybody, I'm an Italian designer and I'm new at this forum....
<DIV>I need some advices on Pro/Mechanica

<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">I'm running WF 3.0 withPro/Mechanica, at the beginning it seems to work, but when I try to choose the type of analysis (structure or thermal) the folowing error appears:</DIV>
<DIV>< Unable to get required Mechanica license. Please contact your sales representative.></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV style="TEXT-INDENT: 0px !important">Wich license modules are required to do this kind of simulation?</DIV>
<DIV style="TEXT-INDENT: 0px !important">How can I get them in internet?</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Moreover I would like to have any information about the FEM mode...l</DIV>
<DIV>...when I use this mode I can insert all the data, but I can't save the simulation and look the results.</DIV>
<DIV>How does it work?Is it possible to save the simulations in FEM mode?</DIV>
<DIV>
</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks to everyone who'll answer!!</DIV></DIV>

There are two different types of Mechanica that you can purchase, Basic and Advanced. Basic allows static, modal, buckling, and steady state thermal. With Advanced Mechanica, you can do everything that Basic does, plus prestress, dynamic, and transient thermal, and you also have non-isotropic materials, nonlinear analyses, and some advanced idealizations. There are some other differences, but that's the gist of it.

Be aware that there was a trick to installing Mechanica in WF3 and previous versions. You had to install Pro E, then install Mechanica, and then re-run the Pro E installer to point to where Mechanica was installed.

Analyses created in FEM mode must be output from Mechanica and then solved using Ansys or NASTRAN. Mechanica does not have a FEM mode solver.

You can't getit on the internet. You have to buyMechanica from PTC or a PTC reseller. Basic licence costs 4500 pounds in UK, I guess that is about 5000 Euros

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back