Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Decals Losing Association to Parts

verge

We are having a problem with decal images losing their association to their respective parts.

We are using the View-Color and Appearance dialog box, creating a new color, and adding a decal image to the part (the part is literally a decal or "sticker"). When the part (or drawing of the part) is closed and re-opened later, the decal image will be wrong (it may be the last decal image someone used).

I was able to keep the associations working by saving the appearance.dmt file in my ProWork directory, and then my computer was replaced and I temporarily lost the associations again for a while.

Is there a way to keep all decals ("appearances"?) associated to their respective parts within a PDMLink system, rather than on one's C:// drive?

verge,

I have had this problem and if I remember correctlyunder options save_texture_with_model yes

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back