Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE for Solidworks user

dross

NOt sure if this is the right forum or not for this, if not, please move.

We have hired a new guy, doesn't know ProE, does know Solidworks. Not sure what version of SW. We have WF4, he needs to learn it.

Are there any books for this? Is the transition difficult?

I know, not much info, including his level of proficiency in SW, but it's all I have for now, trying to see what's out there before he starts next week.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ive noticed in many cases people that claim to know solidoworks and their learning pro/e really don't know solidworks either.The icons are basically the same. Work-flow is basically the same.We teach both solidworks and proe at design-engine.... I bet there are not many training organizations that are fluent in both.

The icon are basally the same and he can do it without help. That is what engineers do is figure stuff out. It would be faster and more empowering if you sent him/her to a five day class.To empower your new hire to win is an investment for company success. Over all, companies who don't see training as an asset or who are not empowering are setting themselves up to fail. Don't send him to class leaves the new hire to fend for himself and figure it out.
Edited by: design-engine

We have in the past hired a few people with Solidworks and some with UG experiance, I found with some up front coaching and then left to work good users pick it up pretty fast.

The only issue I saw was they like to change their config files to match what they are used to, and that can be OK up to the point where they conflict with Company stanards.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back