Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 4 Installation Hangs

madmattd

As the title suggests. Here is the layout:

I have a freshly-installed Windows 7 x64 box, with only a few programs (such as MS Office) and drivers/OS patches installed. I have had Wildfire 4 running just fine on this box in the past before I recently reformatted it, it's just been a year since the last format.

What happens is that when I run the install, all is fine until I put the second disc in. Nothing seems to be happening for a while (I've let it chew away for over 30 minutes without interruption mind you) aside from the installer reporting that it is "not responding". I can eject the disc and it immediately asks for disc 3, and after that disc 1, and then completes installation as normal. Except when I exit the installer after it is finished it says that some files were not copied, and lists a whole list (at least like 10 files) of missing files, all .jar if I remember correctly. Apparently one of them holds the executable because if I click on the shortcut on the desktop or in the Start Menu, it cannot find it (proe.exe).

Has anyone run into this before? I seem to recall this issue the last time I formatted, but as I said it was nearly a year ago (November 2009), and cannot remember what I did to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: madmattd

hi

One of the WF4 cd packs had this issue. Copy the cd's to your hard drive and run the installation from there.

This is the long way around, get the latests wf4 cd's if possible

Not possible to get the newest ones (personal edition). But I was thinking about ripping iso's and mounting them virtually. I guess just copying the files would work though. I'll try that tonight after work and let you know if it worked.

By the way, I believe the datecode is M020 (I don't have them with me at the moment to check), so perhaps it was one of the bad packs.

Thanks.

This is a fix! Thank you.

It took a bit of effort with disc 2 as it refused to copy and took a VERY long time to rip an image, but once I had the image and loaded it and re-ran the installation, it worked fine. Thanks again!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back