Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reseting Assembly Colour Appearances

JonReynolds

Hi all,

May be a really dumb question, but I have an assembly that is all white, but if I open some of the sub-assemblies / components they all have their own unique colour.

How do I at top level assembly, kind of 'remove all appearances set at assembly level' so that the original part colours show through.

I have tried selecting 'components' in the appearance editor and pressing clear but that just seems to be what turned them white. I have tried using 'all objects' and pressing clear, but that doesn't work either.

I really hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Jon Reynolds

If the original part/assembly files had their colors changed in a sub-assembly level, you will also have to 'clear' the lower level sub-assembly.

This is so ****ing annoying. I still don't fully understand how on Earth Pro/E thinks it is handling colours.

AGAIN, I have an assembly with """""ASSEMBLY LEVEL""""" appearances applied and I just SIMPLY want to get rid of them.

ANY command that removes appears seem to actual REMOVE appearances on all models regardless of depth. I.E it seems to remove them at part level which is just pathetic.

Hate this part of Pro/E.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back