Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

merging bom ballons

mmead1014

OK so my colleagues and i have been trying to figure this out for a while now. It seems like we can get halfway there but not all the way. The situation is a stacked set of hardware, washer, lock washer, screw. We want on leader going to the head of the screw and multiple balloons merged showing the bom order (1)(6)(15)-----> something like that. It also had to be able to automatically update from the bom. I know i can manually input the balloons by going into the text block and typing in the number then hitting enter and repeating thus giving me my desired appearance of merged balloons. But there not linked to the bom. I can change the bom balloon format to show quantity balloons and i can merge them and they will update. But i can't use quantity balloons. Confused? i am? any thoughts?

PTC only allows stacking for quantity balloons. Period. What some have said they do is to make a custom balloon symbol with a really small text size for the quantity. I ended up using standard quantity balloons here, but it takes up a lot of my time now to do something that should have been quick.

Keep filing those enhancement requests so they have something to wipe with over there.

Good Luck.

If I understood your question, all you need to do is the following: Table ->BOM Balloon -> Merge. Click on the ballon you want to merge and then the target ballon. Repeat the process as many time as necessary. This works with any type of balloon, even customized balloons (that can be set to show index and quantity).

the merge command doesn't work with standard balloons. It only works with quantity balloons.

Walt, or anyone that knows this

How do you create costume balloons like you were saying with a very small quantity number.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back