Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Decimal places on Drawings

brb1970

I'm using ProEngineer Wildfire 4.0 and having some difficulty with changing
the number of decimal places for dimensions that appear on drawings. For
example, the length of my part is 100mm. The length on the drawing
appears as '100' instead of the desired '100.00'. I have the "Number of
Decimal Places" under Properties set to 2 yet the dimension is still displayed
with zero decimal places to the right of the decimal point. No matter what I
do, I can't seem to change the number decimal places.

Please help...it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

BRB, in the drawing options their is a setting called lead_trail_zeros. This command tells the drawing what to do with the trailing zeros 100.00mmverses 100mm.

Right Cick in an open area on your drawing then select drawing options from the menu that pops up. Find the command lead_trial_zeros and change the setting.

I believe the correct setting you want to see is listed below.

lead_trail_zeros std_default

Enjoy

Curtis Smith

Mech. Designer

Hobart Corp.

By standard trailing zeros are not used with millimeter dimensions so I don't think you're going to be able to get trailing zeros with the settings on metric drawings. You can fake it though.
Edited by: kdem

Most major manufactures use both Inch and Metric display on the same drawing. However recently i heard from one major furniture manufacture recently who came in for training that they told management that you can't do both units in a Pro/E drawing. Now they don't have to track both units in a drawing. Clever. But you can.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back