Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

exporting animation

tarunkp

i have successfully made an animation. how can i export it in .dat or .avi extension out of Pro-E.

Edited by: tarunkp

i am trying to export the animation into a movie file sequence. I understand that the option for exporting as .mpeg file is from the "capture" option in the Animate window. However, when i start to playback, my Pro-E hangs (not responding). It says "computing interference for frame at time 0.0000" and then it never wakes up.

any suggestions?

Although it's been a while I always export animationsals simgle .BMP files.
Then I use additional software to make e.g. an .AVI from the files. It's not complicated and using single .BMP images for each frame provides the best basis to be able to adjust the quality of the movie you make. Especially when you want to make several movies of the same animation, but with different quality settings.

There are many (free) tools avaible to make movies from the .BMP files, e.g. Virtualdub. You can also use the Windows Media Encoder (not the movie maker integrated in Windows) to make .WMV files if your customer requires such format.

Note that exporting animations from ProE (WF2 and WF4) is like a lottery. You never know if you'll win (it will export) or lose (crash). If it crashes, chances are the next time you try it it will work. (And this happens on multiple PC's with both WF2 and WF4.)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back