Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cant delete bom balloon

Texas_Drafter

i have a weldment in which one of the parts was changed. hwen i changed the part i went in to the model and deleted the extrusion so i could start with a blank model screen. after modeling the newly changed part and regenerating the weldment i went to the weldment drawing to update it. the 2 bom ballons that pointed to the part i changed were no longer attached with a leader and were just floating. the problem is i cannot click on the balloons to delete them. can someone tell me how i can get rid of them.

Have you Updated the views, and regenerated the drawing?

Perhaps your selection filter is prohibiting you from selecting BOM balloons?

Are you using the latest datecode of whichever version of Pro/E you're on?

All else fails, go to PTC Tech Support. But make sure the issue persists in the latest release of your version first.

yes i updated the views and regenerated the drawing. its not the selection filter because i can select all the other bom balloons in all the views. i would update my program and call tech support but my boss wont keep a maintenance agreement on it. he wont get me any training either so its trial and error all the time with me. im just going to clear the repeat region and get rid of all the balloons and reinsert all of them. there arent to many parts but i will lose the bom balloons that the person before me had. she somehow got each part called out on every view and they are all bom balloons not ref or note balloons and all the parts are qty of 1. i dont know how she did it. thanks for the help.

try using the delete many objects tool. you may have to add it to your drawing toolbar from tools/options/drawing.

I know it is late to answer on this post but it might help someone.

Go to your table pulldown select BOM Balloons, then to the BOM BALLOONS menu. Select the Create Balloon and reselect the view in question. The balloons should reconnect.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back