Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE Lost Mouse Functionality

ewiciak

All of sudden my mouse functionality, when using it in ProE Wildfire 3.0 M100, has lost some of its use. For example:

1. I can't zoom in/out anymore with the center wheel.

2. When I go to the model tree it will not let me reorder features/components when selecting them with the mouse and moving up or down the tree.

3. When a right click on a component of an assembly in the tree no window comes up to modify the part.

This is strange but true what is going on here. Anyone out ther have anything similar happen to them?

Check your system tray for interfering programs, like Microsoft Intellipoint or other programs intended to enhance mouse functionality. They change the signal that Pro/ENGINEER looks at.

Try a different mouse.

One (or both) of those will be the culprit.

Hi, thanks for your reeply.

I don't have Microsoft Intellipoint on my system. We have tried several mouses even a PS2 mouse. We have even been on the phone with ProE tech support and they can't even figure out the issue. This is so frustrating without having the full functionality of the mouse when designing.

We sumped and puzzled here.....

Well, you write "all of a sudden ... has lost .. its use."

So what changed?

Don't say "nothing" -- SOMETHING changed. Figuring out what that was will solve the problem, even if it's a faulty motherboard.

I have personally seen this problem at least half a dozen times, possibly as many as a dozen, and in every case Pro/E was not at fault. Mouse software -- not necessarily Intellipoint, but note as I said, "like Microsoft Intellipiont" -- has been the cause the majority of the time. Windows can hide system tray icons, so make sure you're seeing all of them.

Also, adware, viruses, spamware, trojans etc can interfere with the mouse.

It seems clear that hardware is not the problem. Good luck!

Hello friends i am also facing a problem is there any solution for these.

I am curently 2.0 forest use and ever since I installed, I use the mouse to pan or models have not been able to spin. I
use middle mouse button can zoom in and out, but the model new
direction, I go into dynamic mode Orient, and can rotate and pan. By this point, it was only an annoyance. However,
the dimensioning a drawing of a part now I'm trying to do, and enable
you to "clicked" with the middle mouse button on drawing in order to
place a dimension is needed. I tried to update drivers for the mouse, and also, all to no avail tried a different mouse. I believe at this point that the A / E Please help Pro setting within the problem, it's very frustrating being attracted .
cleardot.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back