Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Routing to "Flat" Entry Port

tally_eng

I am routing wires to a D-sub connector. This connector was modeled with 1 entry port in the center of the connector. When I set the entry port parameter to "FLAT", it routes the first wire to the entry port, and all subsequent wires to the left of the 1st wire. Therefore, all of the wires are routed off-center on the connector.

Is there any way to change this so that the wires sort of straddle the entry port in the center? I was shown this a long time ago, but can't remember how to do it. As I recall, it had something to do with the "packing" option, but that's all I can recall.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!!!

Your in luck. I just completed training last week and we reviewed this. You need to use Location, Packing... Select one of your wires and you will get the modify packing window. Use that to create rows and move wires around. I think that will get you there.

Mike

Thanks a bunch, Mike!

I had been trying that, and it would manipulate the wires when I hit "apply" but then when I hit "Ok" to exit out of the packing window, it put the wires back where they started. But on a whim I switched the view from "Cable Centerline" to "Thick Cables" andthey magically appeared where I wanted them.

Thanks again!

Jason

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back