Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tolerance on manually added dimension

kerklein2

Using Wildfire 2.0 here.

I've got a manually typed in dimension on a drawing. There is a hole dimension, and then I've typed in the counterbore diameter and depth myself. My question is, how can I add a tolerance to this depth? I know there is the plus/minus symbol, but I'm trying to do a one-sided tolerance.

Add @+tolerance@# and @-tolerance@# to the dimension text. This creates superscripted and subscripted text. Tolerance is in the form +.001, -.000, etc depending on what tolerances you want.

You will have to play around with it to see what you get but you can copy characters into the note using the charater map. The symbol font has some characters that split the brackets up into pieces. You can try those to see if that will work for you.

If you notice in your text on the page you can edit the font & size of each 'gorup' of text individually i.e. the '+.001'
So you can put in a '(' as a group and treat it in the same way.

Simply put the '(' on it's own line to start with, then resize it and then line everything up again.

(Does WF2 still have the '{ }' around each text group?)

Have fun, there are loads of features like this that seem to have slipped out of training manuels and become legend & folklore!

Ian.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back