Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

missing threads at mcad?

mcadcentral was down for a few days.maybe a technical problem has led to some data loss and they probably didn't have recent backups of the forum.

No backups for 7 months?!? Yikes, I hope not.

too bad there aren't any named moderators here, we might have soemone to tell us what happened.

none of the persons in the "moderator group" has been logged in since october last year... but that might be "a bug" to. If any moderator reads this : Would be nice to get some info!
smiley4.gif

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

I sent a PM to 'cdtoad', who started the 'site improvements' thread back when Design World took over. We'll see what happens.

Seems as though they went down and are missing lots of data.

Hopefully they can bring it back up without too much of a loss...

Hello Everyone:

MCADcentral had a crash last week and recent backups were also bad. We're working right now with the developers to attempt to recover as much of the lost data as possible. But the most recent backup that worked was a cop-y from our development server which goes back many months. If the developers are able to the missing data we'll bring it backup ASAP.

Sorry for the lack of communication on this but walked into the office today to a dead router and spent much of the morning at the AT&T store trying to get a new one.

Anyhow... I'll try to keep everyone updated as to whats going on.

Dave Miyares
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="if(of(jsCall)==''){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Hacked... no... CRC Errors up the wazoo on the drive. The drives have been in constant use for 3 years straight now. Development team has turned it over to the hardware team yesterday afternoon and should hear back from them today on if they're able to salvage anything. Double F in systems management for me...
smiley18.gif

And here I was wondering if it was my browser :p.

This probably deserves its own big post in "Announcements." ... but I'm ok with the devs working on restoring the data (knock on wood!) rather than moving posts around. Good luck.

In triplicate! This one came out of left field. I haven't heard back from server group yet... and will be calling at the end of the day...

Late yesterday they got back to me. They were unable to recover the backup files. I'll be posting something in the announcements today. :(

Not sure where the best place to post this is, so I figured I'd go with
the thread about the forum mishap. When I try to
view Andy-osd's post about pro_colormap_path in "CAD Administration," I get blocked. I get the
following error:

View attachment 4547

This has happened from time to time on other posts as well -- is this a
manifestation of the earlier disk failures? It doesn't make sense to me that I'd be restricted from this post, but not his later post (regarding Wildfire 3.0 on Windows 7).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back