Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

jpg to dwg

bhavan03

hi every1
does any1 know how to transfer jpg file into 2d drawing in
pro-e?

i want to make some of animals 3d model.

thx

bhavan03 said:
hi every1
does any1 know how to transfer jpg file into 2d drawing in
pro-e?

i want to make some of animals 3d model.

thx

You only want to bring a JPEG into Pro/E? Well, JPEG'S works for a while in WF, but never 100%. Definitly not in WF4, so you'll have to convert it to BMP then "Insert>Object"

Depending upon what your tiring to do....Because a bit map image such as a jpeg is contrary to using in Pro/E...

if you want to sketch over the image? then use ISDX to place the image and go about your typical methodology of creating the 3d model.

If you insist on importing the data perse then we have a different game to play. one thing I might do is to convert the jepg using illustrator using 'trace sketch' options. There are many settings for creating the conversions. Many of the images on the http://www.movescience.com website were created using this option. This will create outlines that can be exported via illustrator into dxf or iges line art. This geometry can be cleaned up and ultimately extruded in Pro/E as a sketch.If you want to do this technique I could walk you thru it over the phone. .... oops your in india.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back