Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model of Pump Casing

kamlakar

Hi All,

May I get idea about how to creat model of Pump Casing.Is there anysource to download the tutorial of Pump Casing & forging Camponent of CrankShaft ?

Thanks & Regards

Kamlakar

Edited by: kamlakar

hello,Mr kamlakar

i'm encountering the same problem with you,i want to know how to handle the volute tongue.would you like to give me some instructions?? thank you.

Draw a prismatic shape representing the reduction in cross area and then use a spinal bend to make it circular, from there let your imagination take you where it may and use this geometry to make the parts.

THANK YOU,BUDDIES.I know what you mean,the circular region is not the point,my focus is the volute tongue(cutwater),could you handle this area???
smiley17.gif

Get rid of rounds, copy and paste the surfaces to another model. Put in some datum planes, cut off the offending geometry, place some points in space where you need them, make some curves with construction geometry. add some datum curves through points. Add the VSS feature(s). merge in the new smooth surface, cap the ends and solidify. Or thicken. Getting the order of of what rounds should be before the shellor thicken and what ones need to be after b.

I would start over and keep everything surfaces until you have the shape right.

Forget using solid features, It's making a mess.

Good luck.
Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back