Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

snapshots question....

design-engine

is snapshots under the mechanism or animation?? Guess I am unsure where to plop my questions related to mechanism design. I did post one question at the mechanism designs section under tips and tricks.

In animation - create a new key frame sequence (at least in WF4)

or if you move acomponent (in asm mode) whit the "hand icon" , then you can also create a snapshot.

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

I use it. I do it to make animations of slot connections combined with other moving parts.

I do it that way because I haven't found out how to make motors on slot connections apart from using dynamic analysis. That analysis works fine to make animations if the only moving part is the slot connected part.

I use snapshots to show an assembly that has been mechanized. You might have a simple box with a door on it. You can take a snapshot of the box with the door closed, and a snapshot of the box with the door open. Now you can show both snapshots in the drawing. If you don't do this, the drawing will update to the current view of the assembly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back