Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Camera management... it would be so nice

zpaolo

I'm not sure if this is a rant&rave or a suggestion, anyway, I'd really love to see a better camera management system in Pro|E.

Light management today is quite good, but camera setup is a nightmare. Imagine if you could "insert" a camera in an assembly, like you do with a part or a manikin! You could then "edit" the camera to set up focal length, target, imagine if you could "place" the camera as you do with assembly parts, snap it to a coordinate system, place it along a path and let it follow a path during animation... and place MORE cameras that are automatically added to the views menu for ease of access.

We are quite used to place parts in complex assemblies, so why can't we manage cameras as they were part? Why do we have to stick with a buggy implementation with sliders?

I'm just dreaming, but software like ArchiCAD has a similar camera management system and it really is easy and user friendly.

Paolo

Edited by: zpaolo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back