Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/D wont run not that Pro/E is installe

crackers28

Hi there folks,

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction please?

I have been using Pro/Desktop for a few years now and due to the fact that it's not now updated or supported, I thought I would try out Pro/Engineer.

I downloaded the "Try out" version of Pro/E and installed without any problems. It all runs well.

However, when I try and carry out any operations in Pro/D, the program eithercraches, or comes up with a "command aborted" message!!

I have tried uninstalling Pro/E and re installing Pro/D and when Pro/D is on it's own on the drive it works again, but as soon as I reinstall Pro/E, Pro/D stops working!!

I presume it is something to do with both programs using the same or similar resources on the PC, but I really need to use both programs as I have a lot of stuff still in use in Pro/D.

Has anyone out there come across this problem and is there a way of fixing it so that I can use both programs?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back