Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

XBox 360 controller

AaronMejia

I was working with WF3 last night at home and I had an XBox 360 controller attached to the computer. I'm wondering if anyone knows if such a controller can be programmed to be used with Pro/E. Has anyone out there tried such a thing? Thanks.

I don't know about the post above but what do you mean by program? You think that the xbox controller would be better or the same as a spaceball?

Not better, but since I already have the controller for the X-Box I was hoping there was a way I could use it and save myself the $300 of the spaceball. The controller has plenty of buttons that, hopefully, could be programmed to run mapkeys. It would be great if there was a way to do it.

I know some people working on a project to design a dual joysitck type CAD controller. One of the first things their team had to do was get one of the dual axis Logitech controllers working as a mouse replacement. Unfortunately, I think their project died.Here is a thread talking about using the 360 controller as a mouse replacement. Good luck!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back