Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 4.0 Build M100

cklem

I was wondering if anyone has tested wf4 build 100? I am running wf3 right know but have wf4 also loaded on my machine. I want to make sure it is real stable before switching. In the earlier releases of wf4 I was having trouble with it killing the session and various other problems. I am running Windows XP Professional X64.

Thanks for any feedback!

Hello,

We were using WF4.0 M080 and recently upgraded to M100.

With M080 no problems. and with the M100 also no problems so far.

It's just been upgraded for 2 weeks.

After loading WF4 M60 then M80 in both releases I have had an occasional glitch where auto regen made my drawing or model disappear to re cover in model I switch views, in drawing I regen then scroll zoom mode until I find it again. it appears to zoom completely out to a very, very find dot on the screen. any one else have this or a fix.

I'm
doing my research next year in collaboration with the company I work
for, and we used only with WF2 13 Mathcad, however, we Pro / E is using
Mathcad integration. Part of my research work out "prove" the company for the integration will be more widely used. Before
I make my purchase, I if the integration works with versions of both
products would student and a student version integration and functional
differences between the Professional Edition. Traveled
website suggests that there is a Mathcad - Pro / E integration, but the
pro / e that there is very little, my experience with student versions,
if any, the student creates updated versions, and if I am not mistaken, Mathcad integration was only available in M030. Horses mouth so I "want to hear before proceeding." Furthermore, it possible in other programs such as ANSYS Workbench 14 Mathcad 11.0 Student Edition to integrate.

cklem said:
I was wondering if anyone has tested wf4 build 100? I am running wf3 right know but have wf4 also loaded on my machine. I want to make sure it is real stable before switching. In the earlier releases of wf4 I was having trouble with it killing the session and various other problems. I am running Windows XP Professional X64.

Thanks for any feedback!

WF4 is at least as stable as WF3.

Why are you looking at M100 in particular? They're up to M150. Since releases come out at roughly 2-month intervals, you're looking at 10 months, almost a year, of bug fixes between M100 and M050.

Most of the Pro/E crashes I've seen have come from interaction issues with Windchill. You're vague on what you were doing to cause the exits, but re-using
local cache from WF3 in a WF4 session is a common cause. But you also say "various other problems," so who knows.

Incidentally, wrt Pro/E - Windchill interaction, M090 was a particularly bad build in this regard, and it was updated twice, to M091 and M092 (and only M092 is available for download anymore). At least by M140 almost all of those problems have been ironed out though, afaik.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back