Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windows 7 RC Performance

Hi hammerpe,

I've been running Pro/E WF4 & WF5 on Windows Vista Home Edition SP1 for almost a year now and I have not experienced anything like that.

I get 2/3 crashes every week.
Edited by: jvidal

i purchased wf4 student edition installed it on vista 32 and tried to start a part using the default template. i experienced the very same thing you described where the preselection highlights would take forever to light up as if it was running on an old pc xt or something. i tried different things with the drivers and whatnot with no luck. just by happenstance one day i used a different template to start a part and presto it worked correctly. i could spin the default plans like a fan with no problems.

i don't know what the problem is and really don't care now that i know what to do. hopefully this simple fix will work for you too.

have a good one.

I'mguessing the problemis the 256mb videocard and the size of themodel that is trying to prehighlight. Let me guess, if you select the part then orbit the model it is real jerky. I know because I'm running Wildfire 4aP-4 machine with a128mb card and I sometimes have to wait 15 to 25 sec. for the preselection to stop.

Copy/Paste this mapkey to your config.pro file and toggle the prehighlight on/off by pressing "ph".

This is a very handy mapkey when you're dealing with big files and/or imported geometry.

mapkey ph @MAPKEYNAMEPreselection Highlight ON/OFF.;\
mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABEL(PH) PreHighlight ON/OFF;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_sel_filter`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selprefs` `PrehButton`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selprefs` `Ok`;

Edited by: jvidal

Virtual memory is, in fact, the memory space allocated on
a hard disk that is used by your operating system as a
RAM to improve the performance of your computer.

In Windows 7, you can change the size of your virtual
memory by right clicking on your Desktop and selecting
Properties. Then, click on the Advanced system settings
link in the System window.

Choose Settings under the Performance section. Select
Advanced tab and click on Change under the Virtual Memory
section. Then, uncheck Automatically Manage Paging File
Size for All Drives. You may now select your virtual
memory size. Set, exit, and restart.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back