Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Licensing error 26

rudy1337

I consistently get the following error:

License request failed for festure: 26:

Unknown licensing error 26

This error shuts down WF3.0

My IT guys took my laptop last week to get it setup on our network. Up until then it had been standalone and did not have any problems.

I have renamed my network adapters to ensure the Network card is the first thing read in the registry.

I have reinstalled my licenense server and WF3 (over top of current installation). I am not sure what else I might be able to do other than a complete clean of WF3 and then reinstall.

Anyone encountered this problem?

Any ideas on helping me resolve?

Thanks

Rerun ptcsetup.bat and see if there is a license in your startup command that is not available on your server. The number 26 may refer to a floating option that is no longer available.

Ran ptcsetup.bat...got the following error:

Error: No server line found to match this host

Please use another license file with a Server line for: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

Does this meanI am going to have to have PTC create another license for me?

The license files that I have, are created using a PTC Host ID of YY-YY-YY-YY-YY-YY which is different from the MAC listed earlier.

Thanks

You have to generate the license file for the MAC address of the computer where the license server will be running on. Then you need to modify two lines in the license file to reflect the MAC address.

I have the same problem.
Which lines needs to be modified??
I got the MAC ID from the PROE pop screen and that DOS place ....ipconfig/all

I use Mac and run XP under bootcamp btw.
I need urgent help.

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back