Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tolerance Mode greyed out

kangsta

Im trying to display tolerances on one dimension on my drawing in Pro/E Wildfire 4.0. when i go into the properties of the dimension "Tolerance Mode" is greyed out. In the options file tol_display is set to 'yes'.

Can anyone help?

There are 2 places where tol_display needs to be set - in the config.pro file (Tools -> Options), and the drawing.dtl file (Drawing Properties).

continuing Robertib:

you have to check if tolarance standard is selcted (on drawing RMB>Properties>Tolerance Standard>Standatd>ANSI or ISO/DIN)

I have the config.pro and the .dtl set to tol_display = yes. I can now assign tolerances, but they do not show on the drawing even though they have been entered in the properties box. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

If the dimension were created before those options were set you may need to select the dimensions, RMB, Properties, and change the tolerance mode in the dimension properties dialog box.

I have been usingPro/E for 9 years and I made a newbe mistake. I had tolerance mode in the properties set to nominal. I do not know what I was thinking. Thank you for your help.

Hi All,

When I set tol_display is'yes'. All ofdimmensions have tolerance. I just want some of them have tolerance. If I set tol_display is "no", All tolerances were off. How can I put some tolerances on specified dimension? Thanks in advance

I recently upgraded to wildfire 4.0 on a vista OS. I have used ProE for over 6 years and am somewhat fluent. However, I cannot seem to tolerance anything I create from scratch with the new version. I can never select anything from the drop down menu (grayed out) to select limits, plus-minus, etc.

If I open a drawing created from wildfire 2.0 I can change my tolerance display.

My config.pro file has display_tol = yes as well as my dtl file. These are the same config files I used with the earlier version.

I am lost. Any help will very much appreciated!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back