Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helical Sweep. Then what?

pyro

Itried to model the case with a helical sweep but cant seem to get the right thickness at one end (see note 3 on pdf file). A trapezoid sheetmetal is rolled along its diagonal (i think) to form those seams curves you see on the drawing. Then cut at both ends. The grab ends are rolled and touch each other forming3 times its thickness at one end. Then tucked in. Makes sense. I have a video of it as well.

I appreciate any help.

Edited by: pyro

Hello Pyro, Can you give me more information, such as this part's 2d drawing. I think I can help you. I research on proe modeling a lot.

Brook

Brook

How do i open rar files. I remove the rar extension and still couldnt open it. Did you use W3? Can you sendthe pro/e partto my email address? [email protected]

kdeb

That's exactly what I have modeled so far. I need to come up with a cylinder with 3 times its thickness at the base. Read note 3:

"Body to be wrapped from a trapezoidal blank so as to provide three thickness of metal at base and one thickness at mouth (with overlap at mouth). Direction of wrapping optional"

Tell me what you think but this is the type of geometry I'm seeing from the pictures and the notes. The only thing I didn't get was thestep along the seam. Not quite sure how to get that in there at the moment.

2009-05-05_085812_casing.zip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back