Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

tolerance symbol problem - pic attached

msiva1981

Hi all,
In the part mode how do i get rid of the tolerance attached to a dimension. It is not an annotation that i can get rid from a model tree. I am working on someone else's model so iam not sure how it has been done. Its there attached twice
Siva

make sure you have all of your filters turned off on
your model tree. GTOLS will show up at the top of your
model tree it should be listed there.

csusie. all my filters are turned on. I talked to someone at work and they told me that they usually put tolerances on the drawing. Can it migrate from there. Its a Family table and the attached picture is that of the generic
Siva

That happens when someone creates the GTOL once in part or drawing then someone in the drawing forgets to SHOW GTOLS & makes another one. Make a quick drawing & show dims & gtols for that feature. Then you can query select & delete the second one.

Thanks Gallup for the reply. I was able to do a query search and the
datums got highlighted after i did a query search. The datum plane gets
highlighted (SIDE). I went ahead and looked at the properties and the
datum is defined as A. I have annotation setting turned on for model tree but nothing is highlightedHow do i deleted all teh tolerances altogether.
I want to start afresh and define everything myself on the model. Hope
i have made it clear

Pictures are attached

Thanks

Siva
2009-04-03_115946_tol_pic.zip

Gallup
I got it finally. After i query select i hit delete and they are gone. But the only isse i have now is. I have a axis (internal from a revolve) that has a datum tag -A- attached to it. I am unable to get rid of it. Help out please
Thanks
Siva

Hi Siva,

I hope you don't mind me answering your question addressed to dr_gallup.

Turn on the dispaly of datum axes.

Select the filter "Datum" from bottom right corner of the screen.

Select the axis with datum A tag.

Right click and select properties.

Select the suitabale type of axis.

This should solve your problem !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back