Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help please

handyman2000

I am somewhat frustrated with my latest problem in Pro-E. I now have a error that says "Failure to assemble based on current connection definition" It doesn't tell me which connection is the problem either. Also, I have noticed that I have a new icon in the corner of my screen that says "The model is disconnected" (The attached picture is the symbol I see with D and x through it) I have never seen that error before and not sure of where to find details to correct these problems. Is there an error log somewhere that could give me more details on both problems? Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

As far as I can tell, whoever created the part, did so with an external reference. You have access to the part, but not the reference, and therefore the model is disconnected (from the missing reference).

This could be due to having a regeneration value enabled in your mechanism constraint. If the regeneration value is not compatible with the assembly, it will get this error. This is common if, for example, you have four copies of a linear actuator with a regen value assembled with mechanism between two planes. The planes' orientation will be determined by the regen value for the first three actuators (three points make a plane), but the fourth will almost certainly be wrong as there is exactly one right answer. Disable the regen value and the problem is solved.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back